CONSTITUTIONAL ENGAGEMENT PROJECT
Wheatley Institute invites you to apply for the Constitutional Engagement Project, an inspiring learning experience for students who are in training to teach secondary social studies. The goal of this experience is to cultivate a lasting commitment to civic virtue, not just as curriculum content, but as a way of teaching and a reason for teaching well.
The Basic Program
- Four sets of readings (20-25 pp. each)
- Four 90 minute faculty-led seminar sessions during winter semester to engage the ideas and cultivate understanding
- One 6-day in-depth experience during spring term 2024 to visit historic sites and have further discussion (tentatively in both Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.)
- Many opportunities to gather and create materials for use in your classroom
- Travel, accommodations, meals, and venue admissions provided